STATE Board at Daffodils English School
Daffodils English School is affiliated to Karnataka State Board of Secondary Education from its inception and has been receiving encomiums from the Board for its high standards of teaching and the academic results it has attained every year. The School Management congratulates the teachers who have been presented with the Best Teacher’s Award by the State Board.
- In adherence with the prescribed syllabus and system of evaluation, Daffodils English School offers eight subjects in all. CBSE based text books are followed.
- I Language - Kannada / Sanskrit
- II language- English
- III language - Kannada/Hindi
- General Science
- Social Science
- In its drive to provide quality education and equal opportunity to all students, the School offers a certificate course in Computer Application .General Knowledge, Art and Craft & Work Experience are compulsory. Great emphasis is given to Physical Education and Yoga. The activity clubs are open to all the students.
- Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) system is followed for assessment and evaluation. . The academic year is divided into two terms. Each term has two Formative Assessments and one Summative Assessment. Formative Assessments will include projects, activities and worksheets while Summative Assessments will be written and oral exams.
- Students of grades VIII, IX and X are encouraged to participate in Debates, Spell Bee contests, Elocution contests and Seminars. House points are awarded for meritorious efforts in the class room and on the play ground. We have a team of dedicated, qualified and experienced teachers who believe in an inter-active teaching learning process, powered by the technological support of smart boards. Students are encouraged to participate in class discussions.
- System of Awards and Appreciation:
- Subject Toppers.
- Students with 100% Attendance.
- Inspiration Award (cash prize) from the Government, for Topper in Science Subjects.
- Department Award for Tenth Standard Topper.
- Teachers' Association Award for meritorious performance in school exams.
- Sports Star Awards in each discipline.
- Participation Awards for Talent Show, Pratibha Karanji, Debates and Seminars.
- Co- curricular activities
- Students are encouraged and trained to participate in Talent Contests conducted at the Circle, Taluk and State levels.
- Science Exhibition, Kannada Exhibition and Art and Craft Exhibition are held annually.
- All students can avail the training imparted in the various Activity Clubs.
- Class excursions for Std. V to IX are taken
- Students of Std. X are taken for an outstation tour.
- Students of Std X are counseled by academic experts about preparing for the Board exams and plans for pursuing further studies.