Brief History Of Daffodils English School Association
The inherent wisdom that he had, has made him do the following things:
- He has ensured that the education imparted is value-based and the values that the school has fostered are appropriate in achieving the desired goals enshrined in the school’s vision statement.
- He, himself, has embodied his own behaviour with these values. He has set a role model for us to follow.
- He has encouraged both the teachers and students to apply in the Knowledge own decision-making processes.
He had a compassionate nature.The decisions that he has made and the help that he has given to students, both materially and financially show that he had a heart, which is filled with the milk of human kindness. As the head of the School’s Management, he has nurtured the School Governing Council with love and care.
Sound decision making is a constant process of staying current, of perceiving how new information can alter old decisions and keeping in mind how these decisions can affect the future. Many executives are too dependent on old conventions, or still basing their decisions on what worked twenty years ago. He has shown his farsightedness in all the decisions he has taken.
- He has been instrumental in accommodating new trends in education.
- He has encouraged the inculcation of scientific temper among students and the teachers of the school.
- The Karnataka Government has honoured him with “The Best Management Award”.
- It is his managerial skills that have helped mould the school into fresh forms demanded by its own growth and the changing needs of time.
- There are many educationists in Karnataka, who looked up to Mr. Bheemaiah for help and guidance.
- Like in the poem “Abou Ben Adam”, “And lo! Ben Adam’s name led all the rest”, today, among the educationalists of Karnataka Mr. Bheemaiah’s name has led all the rest.
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
Daffodils English school was first started as Saraswathi Vidyashala in a house at Sanjaynagar in 1978 with nine students, Ms Sequeira as teacher and Ms. Gowrama as the ayah. The school was shifted to the present location in 1979. Today, Saraswathi Vidyashala, renamed as Daffodils English School in June 1983, stands on a two acre plot, an edifice that symbolises the determination and hard work that our Late Mentor and his family have put in to make the school, one of the best in Bengaluru.
The first Cultural Annual Day was celebrated in 1981 with the then Education Minister of Karnataka Ms. Nagamma Keshavamurthy as the Chief Guest, and thereafter this, the Cultural Shows were held biannually with many well known dignitaries as Chief Guests – to name a few, Late Field Marshal Carriappa, Late Jeevaraj Alva, the then DDPI- Mr. KK Veerappa, former Principal of Stella Maris- Sr Humblene, former Mayor of Bangalore- Ms. Prema Carriappa, former Cricketer- Mr. Brijesh Patel, Olympian- Mr. M.P. Ganesh, former Commissioner of Police- Mr. H.T.Sangliana, former Principal of Mount Carmel College- Sr. Albina, International sports stars like- Mr. Arjun Devaiah, Ms. Reeth Abraham, Mr. Jude Felix, Mr. Rohan Bopanna and International paralympic athlete- Lance Naik Anandan. The school’s House System was introduced in 1983. Iris, Lily, Poppy and Tulip are the four houses in Daffodils. All activities are carried out with friendly house-wise competition among the students of the school.
The Management ensured that the school’s expansion took place step by step but continually. Along with the expansion of the building, classes were added to the school, one class at a time. Till 1996, Daffodils had classes only up to the Seventh Standard. Eventually Daffodils became a fully fledged High School. The first batch of the State Board Standard X students passed out of the school in 1999.
The ICSE Wing of the school was started in 2001. The first batch of students in this stream passed out in 2004. The permanent affiliation to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) was granted to the school in 2016.
The Principals and Headmasters/Headmistress past and present who guided the school through the School’s formative years are
|Late Mr. P.K.Bheemaiah||1978 -1994|
|Mrs. Nirmala Bai||1994 - 2002|
|Mrs Vanaja Laxman||2002-2006|
|Mrs. Shashikala H.M (Senior HM-State Board)||2002 – 2012|
|Mrs Usha Ravi||2007 - 2010|
|Mrs Radhakrishna Murthy||2010 - 2013|
|Mrs Sujatha Girish (Junior Wing H.M.)||2012 -2016|
|Mrs Tejaswini Sankeswar||2013 - 2016|
|Mrs Apparna Ramasheshaih (DES Principal)||2016 onwards|
The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn, the bird waits in the egg, and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of realities.